- Reflect Hamilton’s successes on a national platform
- Learn about the status of work as a result of the Hamilton Music Strategy, as well as other initiatives so we can share with communities across the country
- Take the next step, and determine how the Coalition could support the Hamilton music community to move forward with implementing strategies and realizing Hamilton’s music vision.
As a Coalition representing a national voice for music education, we know that the meaningful and sustaining work is at the grassroots community level. The Coalition’s strength is rooted in this work. We bring together various components of a community to collaborate on action for learning, creating, making and valuing music. Working with communities, we can reflect through our national platform the network of remarkable work across our country. Stronger together, we learn, celebrate and advocate more effectively.At the Wise Voices for Music (Hamilton) round table, we will:
- identify Hamilton’s key successes and achievements
- determine outstanding intentions and strategies to move to the next step (e.g. with the Hamilton Music Strategy)
- work together to identify achievable action, leadership and support
What do you want Canada to know about music in Hamilton?
Join your colleagues and the Coalition for Music Education
TIME: 12:00 to 4:00 pm OR 5:00 to 8:00 pm (two meeting times are offered so we can accommodate schedules)
WHERE: The Gasworks, 141 Park St. North, Hamilton
WHAT: A meal and live music from local musicians will be provided. Following the round table, highlights of the event will be presented through a webpage dedicated to Wise Voices for Music (Hamilton), presented in an e-newsletter article, and included in the final project report to The Ontario Trillium Foundation. Participants will receive a summary report of the event that includes Successes, Gaps and Solutions, Strategies and Action, Next Steps and Leadership. The Report can be used for future action.
* The Coalition will pay release time for teachers. Travel support is provided to youth, and for those travelling from outside of the city.